SushiQuik is a product designed to help take the guess work out of making sushi at home and assist in preparing it a little easier.
As you can see from this video (which is a clip shown on the DIY network), SushiQuik aids with preparing sushi by determining the right amount of product to spread in the rolls. Another benefit is that it helps make an easier and more precise cut.
Are you interested in an easier way of DIY sushi? SushiQuik has authorized me to give away a kit to one lucky Leapfrog and Lipgloss reader! You’ll receive all the items (not including the ingredients, of course ) to prepare sushi like this:
If you are selected as the winner, here is a sushi recipe that I pulled from the SushiQuik site that seems like it’d be good for beginners to try!
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2-3 nori sheets
- Place half a sheet of nori on the white mat
- Spread out your sushi rice with the rice paddle onto the nori until it's completely covered. The rice should be about 1cm high.
- Turn over your base so the nori is on top
- Put one strip of cucumber, and one strip of carrot on top of your nori. Make sure that your strips are at least as long as your roll.
- Roll it with the white mat.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel away a few wide layers of avocado
- Assemble the avocado on top of the roll until it's completely covered
- Using the white mat, gently tighten the roll to secure the avocado
- Take off the mat, and place the cutting guide over your roll to slice evenly
**NOTE: There are two options that you can come back and enter daily: Tweeting about the Giveaway & Pinning the Giveaway Image.
Giveaway ends 5/19/15 at 11:59 pm. Open to US residents 18+; Void where prohibited. Good luck!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.