Those are two foods I’m a big fan of, so I decided to try out Wholly Guacamole’s Spicy Guac Mac & Cheese recipe. I tweaked it ever-so-slightly, so here’s the link to the actual recipe for reference!
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package of Wholly Guacamole Classic dip
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Cook Macaroni Noodles 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stir constantly with a whisk. (Be careful not to burn the flour mixture.)
- Stir in milk and continue stirring until mixture boils and becomes thick.
- Once mixture has thickened add shredded cheese; stir until cheese has melted. Sauce should be creamy and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Wholly Guacamole dip, cilantro and jalapenos. Add drained, cooked noodles and cheese sauce.
- Gently stir until all ingredients are well distributed. Garnish with cilantro.
This is the one recipe I’ve made on my blog that I’ve thought was just okay. I’m a huge avocado fan so usually if a recipe has anything to do with the fruit, I’m all about it no matter what. I tried making it a bit tastier by squeezing in a bit of lime juice. Maybe I should’ve added some cumin. Has anybody made a similar recipe to this that they can chime in? Leave me a comment. I love to hear suggestions!
I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments and opinions at Leapfrogandlipgloss.com are my own.