I grew up having Seven Layer Salad at every holiday event, so for Thanksgiving I decided to try my hand at making it myself since I received Hormel Real Bacon Pieces in my Hormel Extended Blogger Family Cooler this month.
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 10 oz container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups minced celery (you can finely slice it, if you'd like. I used a food processor)
- 2 cups baby carrots minced (again, I used a food processor)
- 8 hard boiled eggs (food processor)
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- 1 C Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1-2 Jars Hormel Real Bacon Pieces (depending upon how much you love bacon!)
- In a clear container, spread the lettuce on the bottom
- Next, layer in the tomatoes, celery, and carrots
- Spread down the eggs
- Layer the peas on top of the eggs
- In a bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream, and lemon juice
- Spread evenly on top of the salad and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of that
- Sprinkle evenly with real bacon pieces
- Chill for few hours so dressing flavors can combine together, then serve
I think the salad turned out really pretty, but in the future when I make it, I think I’m going to go for a bowl with straight sides or a trifle dish.
I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments and opinions at Leapfrogandlipgloss.com are my own.