I’m a little guilty of being a little one-dimensional with peanut butter and just using it as a condiment on sandwiches or as a dip… maybe every once in awhile going a little nuts and making cookies out of it!
But for today I wanted to share a cozy fall breakfast peanut butter recipe featuring Skippy Natural Peanut Butter (and stay tuned in because I also am attaching a little giveaway to the bottom of this post!).
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- ⅓ cup Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 TBSP Honey
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Diced Apples, Peaches, or Bananas
- Optional: Honey and Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for about 18-20 minutes until quinoa is tender
- Remove quinoa from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Top with fruit of choice
- Drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
I have some Skippy loot to give away!
- Enter to win (1) SKIPPY Natural Peanut Butter Spread Singles cups
- PLUS a coupon for a FREE Jar of SKIPPY of your choice (See variety choices here)
This contest is easy to enter! The only mandatory entry is to comment on this post: “How do you like to eat peanut butter” then click that you’ve done so on the Rafflecopter widget below. Everything else is optional! (Heads up: There is an option you can do daily which is “tweet about the giveaway”)
Contest is open until 10/19/14 11:59pm EST. US residents 18+. Void where prohibited. Good luck!
I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments and opinions at Leapfrogandlipgloss.com are my own.