Omg! This big freaking turkey just got dropped off at my door! From time-to-time I’ll cook with Jennie-O products that they send, but I wasn’t expecting this!
The reason I’m mostly excited is because, quite frankly, I don’t have a lot of time these days. I’m single parenting it, so many times when I have a recipe that calls for thawing something out before cooking, time gets away from me and I forget. But this Jennie-O Oven Ready Whole Turkey goes straight from the freezer to the oven, no thawing needed.
Here’s the exact recipe that I’m going to use, most likely. I pulled it from the Jennie-O’s site:
- 1 (11-13 pound) JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Whole Turkey
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- From frozen, cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook turkey to well done, 165°F in the breast and 180°F in the thigh, as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In small saucepan melt butter; add lemon peel, garlic and rosemary. Cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Cut slit in bag and brush with butter mixture. Bake additional 5 minutes. Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.
How do you usually prepare your Thanksgiving turkey?
Disclosure: Although I was provided with material necessary to complete this post from Jennie-O, all opinions and sentiments about provided material are my own.