“You’re Beautiful” is the theme of this month’s Birchbox, and it was a nice surprise to read when I opened it, I’ll admit!
In this post, I unbox my September Birchbox, Plus, I have coupon codes at the bottom of this post. I also redeemed my Birchbox points for some goodies in the shop, which I’ll show at the bottom, as well!
In case you aren’t familiar, Birchbox is a subscription box service where you receive 4-6 beauty and lifestyle samples delivered to your mailbox every month. Boxes usually consist of samples, deluxe samples, and sometimes full-sized products. (To view my past Birchbox reviews, click here.)
One of the perks of being a Birchbox subscriber is their awesome reward point system (which in my opinion, puts them in a higher league than many subscription box services). Every 100 points you receive equals $10 you can spend in the Birchbox shop on full-sized products. Points expire within a year being issued, so you can save them up, but you can’t hoard them forever!
There are a several ways to receive Birchbox Points. You can receive them from referring friends to join Birchbox, for shopping in the Birchbox store and sometimes they’ll pop you a surprise special promo codes to receive even more points for shopping during a specific time-frame. One super easy way to receive reward points is to review the samples you receive in your Birchbox. For each review you submit, you receive 10 Birchbox points. So, for instance, I received 5 products this month. That is 50 points I’ll be receiving just for reviews which equals $5. So as you can see, they’re really easy to accumulate.
Although every month the contents of subscribers’ boxes are a surprise, you can control the type of content you receive in your boxes by filling out your profile. So as a subscriber, I can click if I enjoy hair samples more so than cosmetics, how experienced I consider myself to be with beauty products, etc, and they curate my box according to these preferences, hoping that I’ll be able to make the most out of my samples. I think there’s somewhere between 30-50 variations of boxes each month!
Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo ($7.50)-
*BONUS* Davines LOVE Conditioner ($1.14)-
I’m a big fan of Davines’ shampoos and conditioners. I redeemed my BB points on some a few months ago (the hair color protecting line), so I was excited to try the smoothing shampoo. As a bonus, they also put in a conditioner pouch. I love the way this shampoo smells. It is pretty strong and citrusy, but I think it smells fab!
*BONUS* Malin + Goetz Vitamin e Face Moisturizer ($1.14)-
It’s been awhile since I’ve used a gel facial cleanser and I’d forgotten how refreshing and soft it leaves my face. I’m really digging this stuff! The moisturizer was added as a bonus this month and I haven’t used it yet, but already I’m digging how it’s oil-free and contains vitamin E.
English Laundry Eau de Parfum Signature for Her0 ($1.08)- I’m so undecided on how I feel about this fragrance! It’s a floral, woodsy smell, but the dry down smells a little too sweet for me, which I didn’t know was possible, since I love sweet fragrances. I think maybe it just doesn’t work with my body chemistry, but on someone else I might love how it smells!
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel ($5.14) – If you haven’t tried anything by Juice Beauty yet, you really must. Juice Beauty is an organic beauty and skincare company and the Green Apple Peel, I feel, is the staple/most popular product of their line, so I was excited that it turned up in my box this month!
Pop Beauty Pop Portfoio Eyeshadow- Sugar Plum ($8)- These are a beautiful color set that would compliment my eye color, but I’ve tried out this brand on several occasions and I think I would rather choose to swap this with someone who likes glittery shadows more than I do. I prefer matte (with some shimmer is okay) rather than a lot of shimmer with buildable color. My lids are maturing and I think that’s the best route to go!
After I totaled the price of the samples up, I came to $26.20 which is over double the $10/a month it costs to subscribe. If I add in the $5 in rewards points I get for reviewing the products on the Birchbox website, it brings it up to $31.20 which is a phenomenal value!
I redeemed Birchbox Points!
There was a fab deal last month, where you’d receive extra Birchbox points with your order, PLUS you could add a sample pack if you ordered over $35, so I cashed in points and received the following:
- Benefit: The POREfessional- This is an awesome face primer! Smooths out my skin and minimizes more pores to prep my face for my foundation. Makes my foundation last ALL day.
- Marcelle: Waterproof indigo eyeliner- This was a part of the mystery sample pack received free for placing a $35 order. I own a couple eyeliners from this company and they’ve worked out pretty well!
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser- This was the other item in the mystery sample pack. I’ve tried this cleanser before and enjoy the light exfoliation it brings. So I was satisfied with my free mystery sample pack for sure.
- Parlor by Jeff Chastain Blowout Spray- Holy mother of…. !!!!!! I’ve been researching a nice thermal protection spray the smells magnificent and I’ve found it! This stuff is awesome and leaves my hair soo silky and shiny and soft! I highly recommend this stuff. I use it to blow style straight my hair with a round brush and I have no need for a straightener.
Make sure you try this coupon code when you sign up!
SUBSCRIBENOW50: And get 50 extra Birchbox Shop points (which equals $5 to spend in the Birchbox Shop) with your subscription.
- ROLLER1: For Vanille Abricot, ROLLER2: For Vanille Coco or ROLLER3: For Vanille Extreme to get a free Comptoir Sud Pacifique Rollerball with your $35+ purchase.
- CHILLER: free Corkcicle Wine Chiller with your $55+ purchase.
- STRIVECTINEYEGIFT: free StriVectin clinically-proven eye concentrate for wrinkles with your $25+ purchase.
- BLOWOUTSPRAY: free PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Smoothing Blowout Spray sample with your $35+ purchase.
- BEBOLD to get a free stila sparkle waterproof liquid eye liner in Curacao with your $35+ purchase.
- “COMEBACK20“, “TAKE20OFF” or “MOBILE20″, “WELCOMEOFFER20″ to save 20% off your order.
You can only use one coupon code per purchase, but you can also search for “Mystery Sample Pack” in the shop and add it to your cart if your order is $35+!
Are you a Birchbox subscriber? What did you get in your box this month?
Disclosure: This post contains referral links.