I have to admit, I’m probably similar to many families during the morning rush in that I pour my family members a bowl of cereal, breakfast bars are opened, and maybe grab some toast or fruit for myself. But I’m very mindful that sometimes the day just feels like it’s off to a better start when you can get some hot breakfast into your belly.
Barbecue Breakfast Burritos are a recipe I pulled off the Hormel website (and tweaked very slightly), but instead of cooking them in the morning, I tried the suggestion from the site of preparing them the night before and individually wrapping each one in foil, then popping them (minus the foil, lol!) into the microwave the next day. They tasted great, and my family loved the change of breakfast routine!
- 6 Eggs
- ½ Green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) container LLOYDS Seasoned Shredded Pork in Original BBQ Sauce
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together eggs, bell pepper, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Add butter into a large non-stick skillet and scramble the egg mixture
- Meanwhile, prepare LLOYDS Seasoned Shredded Pork in Original BBQ Sauce according to package directions.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in microwave-safe paper towels. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute or until heated through
- Divide egg mixture among tortillas, spooning it just below the middle of each tortilla. Top eggs with shredded pork and sprinkle with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling, fold in opposite sides, and roll up from the bottom.
As I mentioned above the recipe, I love how convenient it was just to zap them the next day since we run around so busy in the mornings!
What do you usually grab for breakfast when you’re in a hurry?
I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments and opinions at Leapfrogandlipgloss.com are my own.